Enjoyed plum postings
- The 1995-batch IPS officer is the son of three-time Akali MLA late Jiwan Singh. He was employed after his brother was gunned down by terrorists. Despite facing many controversies, the senior cop has managed plum field postings throughout his career so far.
The 1995-batch IPS officer is the son of three-time Akali MLA late Jiwan Singh Umranangal and was employed after his brother was gunned down by terrorists. Despite facing many controversies, the senior cop has managed plum field postings throughout his career so far. In 2012, when the government transferred him from the post of Ferozepur DIG for mishandling a minor’s abduction case, he bagged a prize posting as the DIG (border range), from where he was later suspended for creating indiscipline. The suspension came close on the heels of the murder of a policeman in Amritsar by a SAD leader.
Another major case dates back to 1994, when Umranangal was posted as Ropar DSP. On August 13, 1994, three-four policemen went to the house of one Jagir Singh in Kala Afghana village and allegedly took away his son Sukhpal Singh, saying that he was required by the Majitha district police. However, Sukhpal never returned. A few days later, newspapers reported that terrorist Gurnam Singh Bandala had been killed in an encounter by Umranangal and his team.
IGP Umranangal gets bail in Kotkapura firing case
Paramraj Singh Umranangal was arrested by the special investigation team (SIT) probing the 2015 Kotkapura and Behbal Kalan police firing cases on February 18 from the Punjab Police headquarters in Chandigarh.
Kotkapura firing case:
IG Umranangal sent to judicial custody, shifted to Patiala jail Feb 27, 2019 11:09 The special investigation team (SIT) probing the firing incidents took IG Umranangal to the modern jail, Faridkot, from where he was shifted to the Patiala jail on security grounds
- Punjab Police IGP Umranangal Busted Arms Racket in Punjab
- IGP Umranangal Firing Case
- P.S Umranangal Behbal Kalan Firing Case
- IG Paramraj Singh Umranangal Gets Bail in Kotkapura Case
- IG Umranangal Arrives in Faridkot Court After Obtaining Bail From HC
- Behbal Kalan Police Firing Kotkapura Case
- IGP Paramraj S Umranangal And Kotkapura Incident